These crisply fried chicken wings scream of spicy Cajun zest and enjoyment. The finishing embellishment of a drizzle of nutty browned butter takes them to the peak of pleasure.
Serve the wings in this special Cajun salad, or your own tossed salad, for a guaranteed hit.
1 tablespoons salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound chicken wing sections
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
Peanut oil for frying
1 pound (1 stick) butter
1/4 cup minced garlic
2 large heads iceberg lettuce torn into bite-sized pieces
1 cup julienned zucchini
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped green bell peppers
1 cup red cabbage
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup sliced scallions
1 cup Green Goddess salad dressing
* Combine seasoning mix in a small bowl.
* Add 2 tablespoons to chicken wings and stir until coated well.
* Mix flour with remaining seasoning in a large bowl.
* Beat together eggs and milk until well blended.
* In large skillet or deep fryer, heat 3/4-inch oil to 350-degrees.
* Dredge chicken wings in seasoned flour. Then, drop wings into milk mixture a few at a time, and let them soak for a minute or two. Drain, then dredge wings again in flour, separating pieces and coating well.
* Carefully drop each wing section in hot oil and fry until golden brown and crisp (about 3 minutes). Drain on paper towels, and place wings in a single layer on a large cookie sheet and set aside.
* Melt butter over high heat, and cook until bubbles are lightly brown. Immediately stir in parsley and garlic, and while still frothy, drizzle over the chicken. Toss lightly with a large spoon until coated, and set aside.
* Toss salad ingredients with salad dressing. Lightly toss in chicken wings, and serve at once.
* Garnish with tomato wedges