Think of lasagne and you think of a savoury dish filled with a bolognaise sauce and with a savoury white sauce topping all topped with lashings of Parmesan cheese.
However this is a delicious twist on lasagne – in this dish the filling is yummy summer berries and the white topping has a lovely white chocolate flavour – instead of grated Parmesan this is served with grated chocolate – this is in fact a really tasty and delicious desert that can be server hot or cold.
BERRY AND CHOCOLATE LASAGNE
8 lasagne sheets (noodle sheets)
200g frozen mixed berries
1 tablespoon water
1 pint milk
1 oz plain flour
100g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
A little milk or dark chocolate for grating
Fresh Mint leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180 C/350/F/Gas Mark 4
2. Gently heat the fruits, water and sugar in a saucepan until the fruit is cooked and the sugar is defrosted. Keep to one side
3. Make a white sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan, stir in flour and cook for 1 -2 minutes, add milk a little at a time and beat until smooth add sugar and broken chocolate and stir until, sugar is dissolved and chocolate melted. Keep to one side.
4. Place half the fruit mixture in a greased baking dish, layer two lasagne sheets evenly over the fruit.
5. Pour half the white sauce over the lasagne, layer two more lasagne sheets evenly over the sauce.
6. Spread the remaining fruit on top of the lasagne and top with the remaining two sheets of lasagne.
7. Top with remaining white sauce, pouring slowly.
7. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
8. Garnish with grated milk or dark chocolate, berry and mint leaves.
This unusual desert recipe will certainly be a talking point and I’m sure will prove very popular.
1. Chocolate Lasagna | Recipe | Chocolate Lasagna, Lasagna and …
2. What to Eat Before and After a Workout
3. Chocolate Lasagna Cupcakes | Recipe | Lasagna Cupcakes …